Tuesday, July 28, 2015

14. Abaddon's Gate by S.A. Corey

(written Dec 6, 2015 catching up)

The third of the Expanse series and things keep on going.  I found this one a bit darker and heavier than the first two and I think just simply three big books of the same style and setting starts to slow down for me no matter how good.  So I lost a bit of steam here but ended up finishing it because I had to return the book to the library before we went on vacation.  I did enjoy the revelation of the backstory, what was the source of the mysterious disease and craziness that spread from it.  It was cosmic and mind-blowing in a way that fit in with the overall story.  I think there is a fourth book and it will be a TV series, so I may continue on in this world a bit in one form or another.

No comments: