Monday, August 24, 2015

23. Tomorrow's Ghost by Anthony Price

(written Dec 26, 2015 catching up)

I found this book on a small shelf at the back of the Co-Op in North Rustico, PEI.  I have to admit that I am quite chuffed to have found this book there.  It demonstrates that the ever-thinning vein of British crime and espionage thrillers in Canadian culture has not dried out entirely.  Ever-fruitful blogger Existential Ennui made me aware of Anthony Price with his great interview with the author.

Reading this book made me respect Anthony Price's style and thoughtfulness, but I don't know if this was the best introduction.  It is late in a series and structured in a somewhat special way, as if Price was toying with the form.  The exercise was a success but it left me feeling a bit cold.

I will not seek his books out, but will definitely pick out the next one I stumble across in the aisle of a rural supermarket.

No comments: