Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Guest post on The Violent World of Parker


I'm very pleased to announce that my review from last week of Richard Stark's The Seventh attracted the attention of Trent over at The Violent World of Parker and he offered to put it up as a guest post on his site.

You can re-read it here.

If you don't know, The Violent World of Parker is the site for Donald Westlake's masterpiece, the Parker series. The site has an excellent (and I think complete or very nearly so) cover gallery, a summary of each of the novels, a section on comics and Parker movie adaptations and a great blog that collects valuable info on all kinds of Parker-abilia (and some forays into the greater paperback crime world). Definitely a must on your blog reader if you are a fan of crime fiction.

The other thing that I respect about the site is that it has been around for a long time. Long before Parker became hip again (with the University of Chicago re-release and the Darwyn Cooke graphic novels), The Violent World of Parker was an old-school, html-based website which I used as a reference quite often or just visited when I need a Parker fix. This was back in the day when you could still find a Parker paperback for a couple bucks at some used bookstore (today, if you can find any, they will be plastic wrapped under the glass at the front and start at $20). Almost nobody was talking about Parker online except The Violent World of Parker.

So congrats to you Trent and thanks for your dedication. Keep up the good work. I hope my next review will earn another guest spot on your great site!

1 comment:

Nick Jones (Louis XIV, the Sun King) said...

I saw Trent had done that: a deserved addition to a great site.